Welcome to the Boundless Universe! Whether you're a new player or a veteran, here's a short refresher on some of the unique controls of Boundless.
To see a full list of pages in this wikipedia, click below.
Steps to starting as a new character[edit | edit source]
- First, follow the basic tutorial which will be located in the top left of your screen.
- Before placing your beacon and fire, try to find a spot that would be good.
- Plenty of space to expand
- Near trees/bushes and preferably close to a mountain of ice. This mountain is good for digging for metals, Ancient Technology, and stone.
- You can also find people who have a village/settlement and ask to join.
- Don't worry about perfection: you can (and probably will) tear down your beacon and set it up elsewhere after exploring more of the Universe. You can also have more than one beacon.
- Try to break everything. All of the Plants, Rocks, Trees, Dirt. You will need it at some point in the game.
- The Knowledge tab is your friend.
- Try to complete other Objectives after the tutorial. This can be found by pressing Esc-->Journal-->Objectives (on the PC). You can track up to three objectives at once. Objectives are not necessary to complete the game, but they help and add interesting challenges.
- Allocate your Skill Points to basic skills at first.
- Put Skill Points into Vitality Attribute SKill and Power Attribute Skills until you unlock Crafting Skills at Level 4, then put a point in each of Tool Crafting Skill and Machine Crafting Skill so you can craft better (Iron) tools and the basic machines. Finally at Level 6 put at least 1 point into Slingbow Mastery Skill and probably Hammer Mastery Skill and you're ready to face even Tier 3 Worlds to start accumulating Iron.
- You can use Cleanse Points to reallocate your initial Skill Points later as you start to specialize. You gain additional Skill and Cleanse Points every time you level.
If you have any questions, are looking for players to interact with, or have some ideas you'd like to share & discuss with the Boundless community, please come to the official Boundless forums!